Newcastle Freshers' Event
After the event
- Attendee registration form
- Your feedback
- Attendee feedback
- Keep in touch with attendees
- Keep in touch with volunteers
- Next year's events
Attendee registration form
You will be contacted by email shortly after the event for your event registration form. Please submit it to the Alumni Engagement team within two weeks of the event.
Prize draw: if you submit your completed attendee registration form to the Alumni Engagement team within seven calendar days of the event, you will be entered into a prize draw to win a £50 voucher to use online or in store at Cambridge outfitters, Ryder & Amies. A winner will be drawn and notified during the week of Monday 14 October 2019. Terms and conditions apply.
We will welcome your feedback on all aspects of the Freshers’ Event series, to help improve support to organisers. Shortly after the event, you will be provided with a link to a short online survey. We will respond to your feedback before the end of December.
We will contact attendees for their feedback and share it with you by the end of December. This should give you an idea of what worked well and provide some suggestions for next time.
We would love to see your event photos and use them to promote future Freshers’ Events. You can email them to the Alumni Engagegment team as an attachment, or use a file sharing platform such as Dropbox or WeTransfer.
Landscape-orientated photos that are sized 900 x 450 pixels or bigger are ideal.
Keep in touch with attendees
It is recommended that you keep in contact with event attendees. You could start with an email thanking them for coming to your event and inviting them to join your mailing list. Follow this with an invitation to your seasonal event over the Christmas vacation and continue to promote the Group's student engagement activties throughout the year.
Why not invite them to next year's Freshers' Event as volunteers?
Keep in touch with volunteers
Show your appreciation by contacting volunteers soon after the event to thank them for their involvement.
- Current students: keep them informed of the Group’s events and student engagement activities, and invite them to back to next year’s Freshers’ Event
- Recent graduates: invite them to join the Group and/or sign up to the mailing list. Please signpost them to other Groups if they are based in a different area
- Schools Liaison Officer (UK only): enquire about opportunities for the Group to get involved with outreach activtities in the area and consider co-hosting your Freshers' Event with them next year
- Student societies: team up with your Group's equivalent student society for events and other initiatives. Working together is likely to ensure a smooth transition for members from the student society to the Alumni Group when they graduate. To find out if your Group has an equivalent student society, visit www.societies.cam.ac.uk or www.cusu.co.uk/directory, or email the appropriate team
Next year's events
The Alumni Engagement team and Cambridge in America will review the year’s Freshers’ Events and start planning for the coming year in December. Groups will be contacted from March onwards with an invitation to host an event.