Set up your alumni email account
How to set up your account
- Please read the alumni email account terms of service.
- Set up your self-service Raven password reset - this will allow you to reset your own Raven password if you forget it, no need to wait for a password reset token.
- Reset your Raven password - you can re-use your current password during this step - this will activate your new email account for use. Please note: It can take up to 30 minutes for your Raven password reset to synchronise with your new @cantab.ac.uk email address.
- Log in to your alumni email account, by entering your alumni email address (eg: email@example.com) and Raven password.
You can then access your alumni email account any time, by logging in at https://portal.office.com with your @cantab.ac.uk email address, and your Raven password.
How to migrate your student emails
If your student @cam account is:
- A Hermes webmail account: you can migrate your student emails via this site: https://migrate.hermes.cam.ac.uk/alumni
- A Microsoft Exchange Online account: you can find a guide for exporting your email, contacts, and calendar to an Outlook .pst file here. You can then follow the instructions for importing this .pst file into your new alumni email account here.
If you get stuck at any point during the migration process, please contact UIS at either firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01223 332999.
If you receive a warning message telling you that your @alumni account has been 'locked' when you tried to login, please wait up to 30 minutes for your Raven password to sychronise with your new account and then try logging again.
If you require help, you can contact us at email@example.com or on +44 (0)1223 330 098.