Alumni email frequently asked questions
You will find answers to some of the most common questions regarding alumni email accounts below.
If your question is not answered here please, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)1223 330907.
- If your @cam account is still active please, follow our online instructions found on our website
- If your @cam account has recently closed (within the last 30 days); please contact the University Information Services at email@example.com who will reopen your @cam account while you follow the online steps found on our website
No, you will need to activate your alumni email account before use
- If you have set up your Raven Self-service, you will be able to reset your password by answering your security questions. To reset your Raven password via your Raven self-service please click
Please note, after resetting your Raven password: It can take up to 30 minutes for your Raven password reset to synchronise with your new @cantab.ac.uk account. If you try to log in before the synchronisation is complete, you will receive an error message stating that your account has been 'Locked'. If you receive this error message, try logging in again after waiting 30 minutes and, this will resolve the issue.
- If you have not set up your Raven Self-service or you are not sure, not to worry as we will be able to produce you with a Raven password token – please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
I have just reset my password, I am unable to login. When I try to login a error message is displayed.
After resetting your password you will need to wait for at least 30 minutes before trying to log in. If you log in before the 30 minutes is up you will receive an error message
- In order to migrate your accounts, you will need to activate your alumni email before you start your migration process
- Your @cam account will need to be active
- If your @cam account has recently closed (within the last 30 days); please contact the University Information Services who will reopen your @cam account while you follow the migration process
- Here is a link to the University Information Services - Alumni mailbox migration wizard
- If you have any issues migrating your accounts please contact the University Information Services directly at email@example.com
- The @cantab.ac.uk email account does not give you access to other Office 365 areas on the Microsoft website, just to the Outlook app within the website
- You will receive an email from the University Information Services warning you of your account closure date. If you have not received this email and would like to check when your closure date will be; please contact the University Information Services directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information for medics going into their fourth year
- You do not need to activate your alumni email account; if you would like to keep using your @cam email account as you continue your studies. You can activate your alumni email account without migrating your emails. Your @cam account will not close until you leave the University - you will receive a warning from UIS before this happens. You currently hold a dual status of both ‘Alumni’ and ‘Current Student’ the choice is yours as to whether you’d like to use your alumni benefits and email account now or wait till you have finished your studies