38 Cambridge subjects ranked top 10 in the world
The QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023 have placed Cambridge in the top 10 globally for 38 subject areas.
The QS World University Rankings by Subject – the world’s most consulted university rankings – have released their rankings for this year. The rankings cover a total of 54 disciplines, grouped into five broad subject areas.
Research citations, along with the results of major global surveys of employers and academics, are used to rank universities.
In the broader subject areas, Cambridge placed 3rd worldwide in Arts and Humanities, Engineering and Technology, and Natural Sciences.
For specific subjects, Cambridge had 38 areas ranked inside the global top 10.
Here is the full list of commended subjects:
- Modern Languages
- Anatomy and Physiology
- English Language and Literature
- Materials Science
- Classics and Ancient History
- Chemical Engineering
- Law and Legal Studies
- Social Policy and Administration
- Education and Training
- Statistics and Operational Research
- Mechanical, Aeronautical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Theology, Divinity and Religious Studies
- Physics and Astronomy
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Biological Sciences
- Development Studies
- Accounting and Finance
- Earth and Marine Sciences
- Civil and Structural Engineering
- Pharmacy and Pharmacology
- Environmental Sciences
- Computer Science and Information Systems
- Business and Management Studies
- Art History