Ducks at Emmanuel College by Sir Cam
The CAMCard enables you to enter the Colleges*, free of charge, when they are open to the general public, with up to three guests (one at St John's and Queens', two guests at King's).
We advice contacting the College(s) you would like to visit, prior to your trip to Cambridge.
Current College policies
- Clare College is restricted to alumni due to ongoing building works
- Gonville and Caius is currently undergoing a refurbishment project; there may be occasions where access cannot be permitted due to health and safety reasons
- Jesus no access to the general public but alumini are welcome
- St John’s College is open to the public out of term. During term, alumni, University members, and CAMcard holders only
- Corpus open to the general public and alumni
- King’s is open to alumni and visitors on most days between 9.30am and 5.15pm, via the King’s Parade entrance only. Alumni can bring up to two guests free-of-charge per CAMCard. Please make sure to check the opening times before visiting.
- Peterhouse and Trinity not open to the public nor alumni
- Newnham open to all alumni
To plan your visit and find entrance information, please see each College's own website. Alternatively, you can view a full list of the Colleges, including their websites and contact details.
If you are interested in visiting a particular College's grounds, you may wish to contact the College directly in advance of your visit to avoid possible disappointment, especially during exam term (the final term of the academic year). Please see current and forthcoming term dates for further information.
If you are planning a trip to Girton College and you will have more than four in your group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check if there any restrictions.
Please note that entry fees may apply to visitors without CAMCards, including alumni who do not have theirs with them or where the number of guests in your party exceeds the number permitted by a particular College. The Colleges that currently charge for visitor entry are:
- Clare College
- Corpus Christi College
- St John's College
- King's College
- Queens' College
- Trinity College