Prices per person sharing, not including flights from the UK. Single supplement £610.
Gain unique insights from lecturer Dr Jacke Phillips, a specialist in the archaeology of Ethiopia and former assistant director of the Aksum Archaeological Project, as you explore ancient Ethiopia. On your journey you will visit Lalibela with its UNESCO-listed rock-hewn churches, as well as the monolithic obelisks, royal tombs and ruined castles of Askum.
- Explore Lalibela – a testimony to Ethiopia’s place at the very heart of early Christianity, and still a place of inspiring pilgrimage today
- Visit the Blue Nile Falls, a magnificent waterfall on the Blue Nile river
- Enjoy Askum and its monolithic obelisks, royal tombs and ruined royal castles
- Discover the Empire of Gondar, once known as the ‘Camelot of Africa’ and explore its medieval castles and palaces
- Discover the little-known cave churches of Tigray, set high up in the rugged Geralta mountains, many of which are still in use today