Student Travel Award 2018
The winners of the Student Travel Award 2018 were Alice White (Homerton 2017) and Jessica Grynfeld (Fitzwilliam 2017). Read about their trips below.
This was the first year in which award winners could travel beyond Europe.
Homerton 2017, PhD Clinical Neurosciences
Alice interviewed numerous alumni on her travels and published their profiles
Dates of travel
Monday 16 July to Friday 14 September 2018
Alice visited Alumni Groups in Los Angeles, Sydney and Auckland
- Cambridge Alumni Society - San Diego
- Southern California Branch, Homerton
- Los Angeles
- Cambridge Society of New South Wales
- Churchill College Group of Australia and New Zealand
- CJBS Alumni Network - Australia, Sydney
- Cambridge Society of Auckland
- Oxford and Cambridge Society of Austria
Before travelling, Alice said:
“I believe these groups will allow me to make meaningful connections that I can maintain long after the travel award ends."
Why apply for an award?
Read Alice's testimonial
Fitzwilliam 2017, English Tripos
Read about Jess's trip
Dates of travel
Monday 10 to Sunday 30 September 2018
Jessica visited Alumni Groups in Canada
- Cambridge Society of Ottawa
- Oxford and Cambridge Society of Montreal
- Oxford and Cambridge Society of Toronto
- Kingston Cambridge and Oxford Society
Before travelling, Jessica said:
"I would love the opportunity to publicise the incredible resource that alumni groups present, as well as to experience for myself the benefits of meeting and sharing in the wisdom of graduates."