Zurich - Race to Net Zero Carbon and Nature Positive (hybrid)
Wednesday 27 September 2023, 6.00pm to 9.00pm CEST
In this hybrid event organised in collaboration by the Joint Alumni Forum and SAMBA, we will discuss the ways for businesses to achieve balance between carbon reduction, including offsetting, social impact, and the benefits nature-based solutions bring to climate action.
Subject matter experts
Nadine McCormick Senior Manager, Nature Action, at WBCSD, a global CEO-led community of businesses, Eva Carranza, Head of Sustainability at Hexagone, a Swiss tech company, Tiffany Chen, CFA, Senior Business Development Manager at Climeworks, originally Swiss carbon removal provider, Jacqueline McGlade, Co-Founder and Chief Scientist at Downforce Technologies, a global science- and data-driven land management and carbon reduction solution provider, and James Smith PhD, Director at Posaidon Capital, a Swiss green finance and advisory firm, will cover relevant emerging frameworks, carbon reduction and nature-based solutions strategies, and related challenges and opportunities:
- Navigating the complexity of emerging industry standards (SBTN, TNFD, IUCN Global Standard for Nature-based Solutions, emerging standards for nature positive and due diligence) relevant to businesses, what is coming, how to prepare
- Quantifying biodiversity impacts for corporates with support of science
- Designing, implementing, and assessing nature-based solutions within own operations and supply chains – what are some of the successful examples
- What are best practices for roadmaps for target-setting for various sectors
- Controversies: NbS does not equal decarbonization (and what are the nuances, e.g. between offsetting and insetting), what risks and opportunities putting a price-tag on nature entails, role of financial sector, etc.
Organizing Committee Olga Krylova and Marie-Christine Imbert from Oxbridge Club of Zurich, Diane B. Bailey from Harvard/Joint Alumni Forum, Natalia Soboleva Gina Moyano from SAMBA
Sponsors PwC Switzerland, t'charta, UN Global Compact Network Switzerland & Liechtenstein
Event brochure available upon request
Big thank you to our sponsors for this event.
Venue Sponsor: PwC Legal Switzerland
Virtual Sponor: t'charta Zürich Switzerland
t’charta is a boutique consultancy focusing on perfecting customer offerings, including strategic product positioning, service delivery design and go-to-market.
Booking for this event is now closed.