Paris - Annual Dinner with Sir Mark Walport
Wednesday 13 April 2022, 7.30pm CEST
Alumni and guests are invited to join the Cambridge Society of Paris, for their annual dinner with guest speaker Sir Mark Walport.
Sir Mark Walport chairs the Kennedy Memorial Trust and the Imperial College Academic Health Sciences Centre. He is a Trustee of the British Museum. He was the founding Chief Executive of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) from 2017 to 2020, which is responsible for the public funding of research and innovation. Prior to that, he was Government Chief Scientific Adviser (GCSA) and Head of the Government Office for Science from April 2013 to September 2017
- His previous career highlights include:
- Director of the Wellcome Trust
- Professor of Medicine and Head of the Division of Medicine at Imperial College London
- Founder Fellow and first Registrar of the Academy of Medical Sciences
- member of the advisory board of Infrastructure UK
- member of the India-UK CEO Forum and UK-India Round Table
- non-executive member of the Office for Strategic Coordination of Health Research
Mark received a knighthood in the 2009 New Year Honours List for services to medical research and was elected a Fellow of The Royal Society in 2011 and an Honorary Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh in 2017.
Dress code: Black tie (or lounge suits if preferred)
Please note: A valid “Pass Sanitaire” will be required
This is a ticketed event, in order to purchase your tickets please complete the online booking form which can be found in the link below.
Booking for this event is now closed.