Isle of Man - Annual General Meeting & Dinner
Wednesday 30 June 2021, 6.15pm BST
The Isle of Man Cambridge Society invites alumni and guests for their annual general meeting with dinner, followed by guest speaker John Rimmer, Advocate - 'Death, Tax and Me'.
John Rimmer qualified as a solicitor in England in 1993, having passed his exams with honors. He practiced in London, passing the Association of Taxation Technicians exams with a distinction in 1997. He moved to the Isle of Man in 1998. John re-qualified in the Isle of Man, receiving a Deemster’s Commendation for his exam papers. John has consistently been rated in the top tier of private client practice by leading publications. He is rated in the leading ten international estate planners by Legal Who’s Who and is the only Isle of Man practitioner to feature on Citywealth’s Honour’s List. John has been chairman of the Isle of Man branch of STEP.
- Opening of the meeting and welcome by the President
- Minutes of meeting 2020 - Pending from AGM 2020: a. Update on Fees charged to IOM students by Cambridge University b. Oxford Society
- Treasurer report
- Secretary report
- Election of Officers
- The future of the Cambridge Society Isle of Man a. Future events b. Email communication
- Any other business a. Cambridge Alumni information – Website and online opportunities
- Closure of the meeting followed by a pre-selected, 2-course meal and After Dinner Speaker.
Main Courses - Served with seasonal vegetables
- Veg Lasagne
- Chicken Curry
- Fish pie
- Triple chocolate brownie
- Eton mess
If you would like to attend this event please, contact the Isle of Man Cambridge Society by email using the link below, please also include your menu choices.