Photo of Tabley Hall via Wikipedia
Cheshire - Visit to Tabley House
Tabley House is the only 18th century Palladian country house in Cheshire. The house was built by the architect John Carr of York for Sir Peter Byrne Leicester in 1767. The house is home to a number of important paintings collected by the Leicester family and a fine collection of furniture dating from the 17th to the early 20th century.
The Society will meet at Tabley House at 11am, after tea/coffee, there will be a guided tour of the house followed by a sandwiches and cake in the tea room. The ground floor of the house is a nursing home and our tour will be of the first floor.
If you would like to attend, please complete the booking form using the link below.
There is free parking at Tabley House. Entry by the normal route includes a walk of about 300 yards from the car park and 26 steps. There is an alternative north entrance which involves going through the ground floor nursing home sitting room and ascending in a small lift with a capacity for one wheelchair or four people. It is possible for people to be dropped off via the nursing home car park, but the vehicle would then need to be parked in the normal visitor car park.
The welcoming cup of tea/ coffee is normally served in the chapel, access to this involves about three steps. The tea room is about 50 yards from the house and access is via two short flights of steps. Ramps are available.