Alumni Groups’ Digital Leadership Forum
Thursday 30 July 2020, 12.00pm BST to Saturday 1 August 2020, 4.30pm BST
This year we present to our Alumni Groups a new and innovative virtual programme in the Alumni Groups’ Digital Leadership Forum. Whilst previous year’s conferences have taken place in central Cambridge, in light of the government social distancing advice, the Alumni Groups’ Leadership Conference will now take place digitally to ensure the safety of our attendees.
As the biennial Leadership Conference in Cambridge is our largest forum for both local and international Alumni Groups to share good practice, network, hear how the University can support them it was vital to us to still provide an opportunity for our alumni groups to learn about their vital role as advocates and ambassadors for the University of Cambridge, despite government restrictions.
The newly named Alumni Groups’ Digital Leadership Forum will take place virtually on Thursday 30 July and Saturday 1 August. Our innovative forum is taking place over two days to reach as many of our Alumni Group volunteers as possible and will offer timeslots that should suit you wherever you may be. The sessions will also be recorded and made available on our website afterwards.
This conference is open to all officially recognised Alumni Groups – not just those in the UK – and we hope many of you will be able to join us for this exciting new forum. Existing bookers have been informed about the changes, and we encourage attendees who would have previously been unable to attend to sign up.
Over the two days there will be five options of content that our virtual guests can join in with:
Thursday 30 July
- 12.00 – 12.50 (BST): Are digital events a ‘new normal’?
- 13.00 – 13.45 (BST): Keynote from Vice-Chancellor, Professor Stephen J Toope
- 14.00 - 14.45 (BST): Insights from the 2019 Alumni Survey with Bruce Mortimer, Director, Alumni Engagement and Events and Aisling O’Neill, Alumni Engagement Manager
Saturday 1 August
- 14.30 – 15.20 (BST): Running a Successful Social Media Community with Sue Keogh, Director of Cambridge digital marketing agency Sookio
- 15.30 – 16.20 (BST): What does a Freshers' Event look like in 2020?
If you would like to register for this event, please complete the form using the link below.