Price per person, not including flights from the UK. Single supplement £240
On this incredible journey you will join Professor Peter Sarris, and discover Albania’s fascinating culture and world-class archaeology as it emerges from decades of Communist isolation. This unique opportunity includes visits to UNESCO-listed ruins, a 4th-century castle, the remains of a classical city, as well as some of Albania’s most beautiful monasteries, churches and basilicas.
- Visit the UNESCO-listed ruins of Butrint, where Greek, Roman, Byzantine, Venetian and Ottoman remains are set amidst a beautiful lake
- Stroll around Gjirokastra’s 600 preserved Ottoman-era stone houses, quaint cobbled streets and imposing 4th-century castle
- Uncover the remains of the great classical city of Apollonia
- Delight in Albania’s monasteries, churches and basilicas, with their lavish mosaics and unique frescoes
- Discover the story of Caesar’s Civil War with Pompey, of which many crucial battles which were fought in Illyria, leaving the region littered with atmospheric sites