Argentina: Astronomy and Wine
Price per person sharing a double/twin room, including internal but not international flights. Single supplement £950
Explore cosmopolitan Buenos Aires, the Argentine Lake District and beautiful national parks of Welsh Patagonia, and visit vineyards and an observatory around Mendoza.
You'll be joined by Professor Roger Davies (Christ's 1975), who led the UK’s participation in the development of the twin 8m Gemini telescopes in Hawaii and Chile. Throughout the tour, he will be providing insights and fascinating lectures.
- Watch the tango in sophisticated Buenos Aires - the “Paris” of Latin America
- Take a ride on the Old Patagonian Express 'La Trochita' a narrow-gauge steam engine
- Explore the Los Alerces national park with its forests of southern beech, and the old mill at Trevelin (founded in 1891 by Welsh settlers)
- Learn from fascinating lectures by Professor Roger Davies
- In the El Leoncito national park, visit Argentina’s principle observatory, CASLEO
- Enjoy tasting classic Argentine wines in vineyards near Mendoza
To view the tour's full itinerary, please visit the Last Frontiers website.