Oxford and Cambridge Society of India
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India (“OCSI”) was established in 1961 with its headquarters in New Delhi. While its 600 members are located in different parts of India and overseas, there is a dominance and focus of its membership in Delhi. Membership of the Society is open to those who have been to the Universities of Oxford or Cambridge and are any one of the following:
- Undergraduate degree holders from either
- University Postgraduate degree holders from either University
- Matriculation from either University (Matriculation marks the formal admission of a student to the membership of the University. A person is deemed to be matriculated from the beginning of the term in which a completed Matriculation Registration Form and satisfactory evidence of his or her qualification to matriculate is known by the College.)
The main objectives of the Society include:
- To bring together and promote fellowship amongst those who are/were connected with the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge with a view to providing unity of action in the common cause of the promotion of education and learning
- To promote and diffuse useful knowledge and advancement of education and learning
- To undertake, organise and facilitate conferences, seminars, lectures and research in matters relating to different cultural patterns of international society
- To arrange meetings, discussions, seminars, exhibitions, displays, concerts, films, sports and other cultural and social get-together programmes
- To issue appeals and applications or otherwise solicit funds in furtherance of the said object
OCSI plans for the year include the following:
- An annual event in March, which would be the main formal social gathering of the membership of the Society and their spouses.
- The annual Oxbridge Ball, the intention of which is to be a fundraiser.
- Scholarships, as much as funds and partnerships allow. The application process commences in January and scholarship awards are normally announced by July.
- Self funded drinks gatherings in association with the alumni societies of other UK and US universities.
- Monthly drinks gathering on a fixed day every month at a venue (currently fixed as third Thursday of each month)
- Oxbridge Lecture Series, once every two months, in collaboration with an institution and supported by the two Universities.
The OCSI is also initiating a Mentorship programme, to support and guide existing Indian scholars at Oxford and Cambridge and to help these students integrate back into India at the end of their studies.
Group contacts can request an update to this page.