Become an Alumni Careers Connect Mentor
Role: Alumni Careers Connect Mentor
We’re recruiting alumni volunteers to join the Alumni Careers Connect network as mentors. Managed by the Careers Service, the network is used by students, researchers and alumni to view the career paths of Cambridge alumni worldwide and contact them for careers advice.
- In the first instance, registering on the Alumni Careers Connect platform to become a mentor. This involves providing a short career profile that can be viewed by platform users
- Providing advice and insights related to your career path, profession or organisation to students, researchers and alumni who contact you through the platform
- Share your professional experiences with University members who are interested in your field
- Develop your transferrable mentoring skills for future people management or leadership responsibilities
- Gain satisfaction from helping people increase their confidence and progress with their career choices and ambitions
- Promote your sector and profession
The amount of time you put in is up to you. You can pause or withdraw your account at any time and set a limit on the number of people you’re willing to support.
Register your interest
To become a mentor, please register on Alumni Careers Connect using your @cam.ac.uk, @cantab.ac.uk or @cantab.net email address. Once your profile is created, you can add your career information to it. The fastest way to do this is to sync your profile with LinkedIn.
Further information about Alumni Careers Connect is available on the Careers Service website.