Sao Paulo Freshers' Event
Attendee registration form
Please provide the Alumni Engagement team with your attendee registration form within two weeks of your Freshers' Event.
If we receive your form within seven calendar days of your event, you will be entered into a free prize draw to win a £50 voucher to use online or in store at Heffers (Blackwell's) Bookshop. Terms and conditions apply.
Why your attendee registration form is important
The information on the form is beneficial to Groups, students and the University, for the reasons provided below:
- Your Group can keep in contact with attendees throughout their studies and invite them back to future Freshers' Events as current student volunteers
- We will contact your attendees for their event feedback, to share with you by the end of December. This should give you an idea of what worked well and provide some suggestions for next time
- We will contact attendees throughout their studies with opportunities to connect with the alumni network, which in turn supports Groups with their student engagement initiatives and inspires future membership
- We will examine attendee statistics and use our findings to help improve the experience for attendees and organisers and continue to rally interest in the Freshers’ Events series across Collegiate Cambridge
Instructions vary according to whether or not you are using Development and Alumni Relations' (DAR's) online booking system.
- Just before the event, please log into the online booking system and export the attendee booking information. Use this information to create a registration list, which you might find helpful to print.
- At the event, please record which of the students on the registration list attend the event, cancel their place, or do not show up.
- Also at the event, please record the following information for any incoming Cambridge students who turn up without pre-booking: (1) first or given name, (2) family name, (3) College, (4) CRSid, and (5) email address. Please use the template attendee registration form below for this purpose.
- Within two weeks of the event, please log into the online booking system and update the 'participant status' of those who pre-booked for the event to indicate whether they 'attended', 'cancelled' or were a 'no-show'. Please also register any incoming students who turned up without pre-booking and mark their 'participant status' as 'attended'.
- Please do not register on the form any attendees who are not incoming Cambridge students starting a course in Michaelmas Term. Please do not register, for example, alumni, current students, Oxford students if a joint event, parents, or any other guests
- Attendees are entitled to opt out of completing the form, but please encourage them to complete it, because in doing so they will get to hear about opportunities to connect with your Group and the alumni network
Please record the following information for every incoming Cambridge student who attends your event: (1) first or given name, (2) family name, (3) College, (4) CRSid, and (5) email address. Please use the template attendee registration form below for this purpose. The form seeks the necessary permission your Group will need by law to stay in contact with attendees after the event.
Instructions for completing the attendee registration form
- Download and print enough copies of the template attendee registration form for the event.
- Display the Group's data protection statement next to the attendee registration form to inform those completing the form how the Group will handle and use the information on the form.
- Assign a volunteer to register attendees on arrival and ensure no one is missed.
- Ensure only incoming Cambridge students starting a course in Michaelmas Term complete the form. The form should not be completed by alumni, current students, Oxford students if a joint event, parents, or any other guests.
- Attendees are entitled to opt out of completing the form, but please encourage them to complete it, because doing so will enable them to hear about opportunities to stay in touch with your Group and the alumni network.
Instructions for submitting the attendee registration form
- You will be contacted by the Alumni Engagement team within a few days of your event for your attendee registration form.
- Before submitting the form, please check that only incoming Cambridge student starting a course in Michaelmas Term have completed it. Please delete or cross out anyone else.
- Please submit an editable version of the form (such as a Word or Excel file), rather than a PDF file, or a hard copy, so we can process it quickly.
- Email the form to the Alumni Engagement team.