Cambridge Conversations events in 2020
Wednesday 1 January 2020 to Thursday 31 December 2020
This series of webinars enables digital access to leading academics on a myriad of topics with the chance to participate in real-time Q&A sessions.
You will find up-to-date information here about upcoming webinars, as well as recordings of those you might have missed or wish to see again.
All of our previous events are available to watch again on the Dear World, Yours Cambridge YouTube channel, under the Cambridge Conversations Playlist.
- Friday 17 April: 'Responding to the medical challenges of COVID-19' featuring Professor Ken Smith and Dr Nick Matheson, with facilitator Dr Chris Smith.
- Thursday 14 May: 'COVID-19 behind the numbers – statistics, models and decision-making' featuring Professor Sir David Spiegelhalther and Professor Mike Hulme, with facilitator Dr Alexandra Freeman.
- Thursday 11 June: 'When is a school not a school? Education during the COVID crisis' featuring Dr James Biddulph and Dr Ems Lord, with facilitator Professor Dame Madeleine Atkins.
- Thursday 18 June: 'The locked-down mind — how the COVID crisis is affecting our mental health and that of our children' featuring Professor Ed Bullmore and Professor Sarah-Jayne Blakemore, with facilitator Dr Chris Smith.
- Wednesday 29 July: 'A worldwide economic web: interdependence and recovery in a post-COVID world' featuring Professor Diane Coyle and Dr Mohamed El-Erian, with Vice-Chancellor Professor Stephen J Toope.
- Thursday 17 September: ‘Privacy at a time of peril – is privacy itself in peril?’ featuring Dr David Erdos and Dr Kirsty Hughes, with Vice-Chancellor Professor Stephen J Toope.
- Thursday 3 December: 'Beauty and the Beast: Matter, Antimatter and the Large Hadron Collider' featuring Professor Andy Parker, Professor Val Gibson, Dr Harry Cliff, Fionn Bishop, with Professor Andy Neely.