Vancouver Oxford and Cambridge Society
VOCS is an unincorporated association of graduates of Cambridge (and Oxford) Universities University living in or nearby British Columbia (other than those living on Vancouver Island that have their own Group). We have existed for over eighty years. Membership is automatic and without charge. If you are a member unknown to us, please get in touch via our Keeper of the Lists, Stuart Bowyer, see details above. Currently we have nearly 300 Cambridge members.
We arrange an annual schedule of events:
• April Boat Race Breakfast (to watch the event live) and Dinner (our annual get-together)
• August Bard on the Beach potluck and play
• Concerts and sporting events
• Summer Croquet Tournament
• Occasional pub nights, ethnic restaurant dinners, operas, etc.
We find that different events appeal to different groups of people, and members are welcome to come to any or all.
VOCS is also dedicated to welcoming newly arrived graduates and providing ‘how to’ information about going to Cambridge for the next generation of B.C. members.
Our members receive email updates of events and matters of interest from our President, Tony Knox, known as OBs (Occasional Bulletins). We also maintain a LinkedIn group see detials.