The Cambridge Society, Bombay
The Cambridge Society, Bombay is an Alumni Group composed of ex-students of the University of Cambridge who live/lived in Mumbai.
The society was founded in 1948.
The Society is managed by the President, Mr Tanil Kilachand (Queens' 1956) and the General Committee:
- Dr Yasmeen M. Lukmani (Visiting Scholar) Vice President
- Mr Jai A Munim (Downing 1988) General Secretary
- Dr Manjiri N Kamat (Newnham 1997) Joint Secretary
- Mr Saleem A. Ahmadullah (Trinity 1962)
- Mr Jehangir M. Chagla (Gonville & Caius 1958)
- Mr Sudhir C. Deshpande (Fitzwilliam 1970)
- Dr Jeannie J. Madan (Churchill 1996)
- M. Attreyee Roy Chowdhury (Lucy Cavendish 1995)
- Ribu Polachirackal Tharakan (Christ's 2003)
The Group also run the Cambridge Society Bombay Scholarship Fund :
- This Fund assists financially students undergoing undergraduate and postgraduate courses at Cambridge and the grant meets a portion of their expenses.
- The Fund was established in 1952 by the alumni resident in the States of Gujarat and Maharashtra, India.
Mr T R Kilachand
Dr. Y K Hamied
Dr (Ms) J J Madan
Dr (Ms) Y M Lukmani
Dr A Seal
Mr Z Ahmadullah
Mr J A Munim
For enquiries about the Scholarship Fund contact the President
Group contacts can request an update to this page.