Student Travel Award
Funding for students to visit University Alumni Groups during the summer or Christmas vacations and promote them as a resource to students
The Student Travel Award 2018 is open for applications. Find out more at a Q&A session for prospective applicants, at 6pm, on either Thursday, 8 March (waiting list only), or Monday, 12 March (places available), at Development and Alumni Relations. To book a place email, email@example.com.
The Student Travel Award provides two Cambridge students with funding to visit up to six University Alumni Groups of their choice and promote the global network of Alumni Groups as a valuable resource to students. Selected students can arrange additional self-funded activities related to their personal and career interests, such as to a conference, organisation or tourist attraction, during the trip.
The Student Travel Award will enable you to:
- win a £1,500 grant to visit locations of personal and career interests
- increase your self-confidence by travelling solo
- boost your skills and have something different to talk about at interview
- develop social and professional networks with alumni
- help University Alumni Groups to provide effective support to students and recent graduates
- join a network of Award winners and get involved with future Awards and other student/alumni engagement activities.
The award is open to registered, active, undergraduate or PhD students who are not in the final year of study for their degree.
Full details, including key dates, activities, eligibility criteria and terms and conditions are available in the Application Pack and within the 'Useful documents' section below.
Q&A session for prospective applicants
Got a question? The Student Travel Award 2018 is open for applications. Find out more at a Q&A session for prospective applicants, at 6pm, on either Thursday, 8 March (waiting list only), or Monday, 12 March (places available), at Development and Alumni Relations. To book a place email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Student Travel Award is funded and administered by the University of Cambridge Development and Alumni Relations office. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or telephone +44 (0)1223 (3)39968.