Perth - Cambridge and Oxford Rowing Season
Sunday 24 September 2023, 8.00am AWST to Sunday 12 November 2023, 10.00am AWST
The Oxbridge rowing season is fast approaching with training to commence on Sunday 24 September 2023. Please note that rowing is open to complete beginners, and there will be beginner's coaching for those who have not rowed before / need a bit of a brush up.
Please see further details below - if you are interested in joining this season, please contact Sophie Davison.
We look forward to seeing you there!
- Each spring a group of Oxford and Cambridge alumni, plus invited guests, row from Guildford Grammar School (GGS) boatshed on Sunday mornings. A map is provided below
- The two month season culminates in eights and fours races over a short course (a bit over 500m), followed by prize giving, a picnic and Pimms.
- All rowing abilities will be accommodated in the crews – i.e. don’t worry if it’s been ages since you last rowed (or if you barely rowed at all in college)
- For those seeking more of a challenge, we also enter combined Oxford-Cambridge “1829” crews into ANA’s Head-of-the-Swan regatta (a ~8km race from Guildford to ANA boatshed).
- 8 training sessions – 8am Sunday mornings from 24 September till 12 November
- Note: ANA’s Head of the Swan is scheduled for Sunday 29 October – training will be held as usual (from GGS) for those not rowing in the regatta
- Race day – Sunday 19 November 2022.
Seat fees per rower
- Same as last year, being:
- training sessions = $17.50 per outing
- race day = $30
- These fees help us cover costs and make a modest contribution to GGS for the use of their boats
- These feed are paid at the end of the season
- If you know of any alumni who may not be copied into this email, please forward this email to them.
- Coffee & cake – after boats have been put away (about 10am), we alternate with Oxford to provide cake and coffee.