Welcome to Cambridge events
Alumni groups and current students are helping new students prepare for Cambridge this summer
Around the world in August and September University alumni groups will be hosting pre-arrival 'Welcome to Cambridge’ events for new undergraduate and postgraduate students coming to Cambridge this autumn.
These optional events are a great opportunity for new students to prepare for university and make some friends before they arrive. Newcomers will meet current students and alumni from whom they can get tips and advice for living and studying at Cambridge.
To read testimonials from last year's event attendees please click here.
How you can help
Over 45 alumni groups will be hosting a 'Welcome to Cambridge' event this summer. If your group is interested in hosting an event, please read the Support Pack for Event Organisers for guidance on how to register and organise an event and email Claire Baxter with any questions.
To register your event please complete the Event Registration Form.
Would you like to volunteer at a Welcome to Cambridge event?
We're keen to hear from current students interested in attending one of this year’s 'Welcome to Cambridge' events taking place around the world in August and September as a student volunteer. You’ll help alumni to welcome new students and share your experiences of living and studying in Cambridge. This is great opportunity to make a direct and considerable difference towards helping incoming students prepare for university and to widen your networks with students and alumni.
Events requiring volunteers are listed below. (All events, including those that do not require volunteers, are listed at www.cam.ac.uk/welcome.)
UK events recruiting student volunteers
- Devon (Exeter): 13 September, 3.00pm to 5.00pm
- Cumbria (Cockermouth): 13 September, 6.00pm to 8.00pm
- London: 14 September, 7.00pm to 9.30pm
- Sheffield, 15 September, 7.00pm to 8.30pm
- Harrogate: 16 September, 6.00pm to 8.00pm
- Leicestershire (Leicester): 17 September, 12.00pm to 3.00pm
- Chester: 18 September, 12.30pm to 2.30pm
- Manchester: 19 September, 5.00pm to 7.00pm
- Northumbria: 19 September, 5.00pm to 7.00pm
- York: 19 September, 5.00pm to 7.00pm
- Norfolk: 21 September, 6.00pm to 8.00pm
- Reading: 22 September, 6.00pm to 9.00pm
- Cambridge: 29 September, 6.00pm to 8.00pm
- Edinburgh: 29 September, 6.00pm to 8.30pm
International events recruiting student volunteers