Frequently asked questions
- When do bookings open and close?
- How do I book my Festival sessions?
- Can I book sessions on the day?
- What type of sessions are there?
- Information for Virtual Pass Festival attendees
- Information for in-person event attendees
- How do I cancel or make changes to my booking?
- Can non-alumni book?
- Will Festival sessions be recorded?
- What time zone are events taking place in?
- How do I get in touch?
Bookings open on Wednesday 27 July.
Closing dates for bookings vary. Please look at individual session pages for more information.
To find and book a session, follow these steps:
- Go to the Festival programme
- Search for a session using the menu on the left-hand-side
- Click on the session you would like to attend
- Click on the 'Book Now' button
Further booking information is located at the bottom of the session page
Please look at individual session pages for more information.
This year the festival will include in-person and online sessions.
- In-person sessions will take place at the University's Sidgwick site or at various Colleges and Departments around Cambridge
- When looking at the Festival Programme, in-person sessions will be tagged with an 'In-Person' label at the top right of the session information box
- All session details are available on the individual session pages
- When looking at the Festival Programme, 'Online' sessions will be tagged as an 'Online' label at the top right of the session information box
- Online sessions tagged with the term 'Virtual Pass' will take place on the digital platform Zoom Events
- There are some online sessions not included in the virtual pass, these can be booked using individually, see each session page for details
Some sessions can be attended in-person or watched online using the virtual pass. On the Festival programme, these sessions are listed as 'In-person and Online'.
What is the Virtual Pass?
The Virtual Pass gives you access to Zoom Events where there are multiple online sessions and on-demand video content. There is a £10 booking fee to access this online content.
What is included in the Virtual Pass?
With your Virtual Pass, you will have exclusive access to over 15 sessions during the Festival. After the Festival has ended, for the month of October, you will have exclusive access to the recordings. This will enable you to watch sessions back in your own time on the Zoom Events platform.
How do I access the Virtual Pass?
- On a ‘Virtual Pass,’ session page, please click on the orange ‘Book Online’ button at the bottom of the page to book.
- Once you have clicked on the ‘Book Online’ button, you will be taken through to our digital platform, Zoom Events, where you can register using your Zoom account details and submit your one-off payment of £10 per person.
- Once payment is received, a confirmation email will be sent with a link to the online festival lobby.
- You can also access the Virtual Pass here
When will bookings for the virtual pass close?
Bookings for the Virtual Pass will not close until after the Festival has ended.
Can I book a guest for Virtual Pass?
Yes, guests are welcome to make their own booking for a virtual pass. Please note that access to Zoom Events is linked to the email used when purchasing the Virtual Pass, the same email address cannot be used to purchase multiple passes.
How do I watch a Virtual Pass session?
Once a virtual pass has been purchased, you will have access to Zoom Events. Sessions open on Friday 23 September. If you have trouble connecting please contact the Festival Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I access online sessions not included in the Virtual Pass?
There are some online sessions not included in the virtual pass, these can be booked using individually, see each session page for details. You will receive a 'Final Details' email no later than 24 hours before the session, which will include a link to watch the session.
Having trouble connecting? Please contact the Festival Team at email@example.com
Can I request a refund for my Virtual Pass?
You may cancel your Virtual Pass at any time until Friday 16 September and will receive a full refund. After this date, no refunds will be offered. Please note any requests for a refund made after 9 September, may not be processed until after the Festival.
Information for alumni visiting Cambridge and attending in-person sessions
Which sessions are available while in Cambridge?
This year’s Festival will feature a great variety of in-person sessions. They will take place at Sidgwick site and locations around the city. Please see each session page for location details.
Is there a charge to attend in-person sessions?
The prices for in-person sessions vary. Each ticket is valid for one person. Full details for each event are available on the individual session page.
Can non-alumni book in-person sessions?
Non-alumni guests are welcome to book in-person sessions. For sessions taking place at the Sidgwick Site, you will be able to book for your guest. For other in-person sessions, please refer to the individual session page.
Can I book in-person sessions on the day?
Some Festival sessions may be available to book while on site, please visit the Festival Centre, where the team, will be able to help with your enquiry.
Do I need to register when I arrive at the Alumni Festival?
Yes, please do visit us at the Festival Centre and register. We will provide you with an Alumni Festival lanyard, and further details about the Alumni Festival.
What is the Festival Centre?
The Festival Centre is the main meeting point and registration hub for the Alumni Festival. The Alumni Festival team will be based there to answer your questions.
Where is the Festival Centre?
The Festival Centre is in a large marquee at the Sidgwick Site, on the Raised Faculty Building lawn.
When is the Festival Centre open?
Friday 23 September 9.00am - 6.30pm
Saturday 24 September 8.45am - 5.00pm
Will there be refreshments available in the Festival Centre?
Complimentary tea, coffee and water will be available throughout the day in the Festival Centre on Saturday 24 September.
In a concerted effort to make the Alumni Festival more sustainable and to help alumni and friends consider their use of single-use materials, plastic drinks bottle will not be available at the Festival Centre. We encourage guests to bring a reusable water bottle or reusable coffee cup which they can refill free of charge at the water coolers or hot drinks stations in the Festival Centre.
If you need to change or cancel a booking, please contact the Festival Team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Event Organiser as listed on the session page. Please avoid making several bookings for the same event under the same name.
Non-alumni guests are welcome to book for the Festival. For sessions taking place at the Sidgwick Site, you will be able to book for your guest. However, for online sessions (Virtual Pass and other online sessions), we ask that each person must book individually.
Many Alumni Festival sessions will be recorded and made available for you to listen or watch after the Festival has ended.
All sessions are taking place in British Summer Time (BST), which is Greenwich Mean Time plus one (GMT+1).
Please contact us by email at email@example.com, or by phone on +44 (0)1223 332 288.