About 2021 Alumni Festival
The Alumni Festival brings people together from around the world to discover the latest fascinating research and reconnect with fellow alumni.
Bookings are now live for the 31st Alumni Festival. Taking place from Friday, 24 September to Tuesday, 28 September 2021, the Festival is the highlight of the alumni calendar. With a programme that includes world-leading academics and exclusive behind-the-scenes tours, this is an opportunity to see Cambridge from the comfort of your own home.
Take a look at 2020’s Alumni Festival which featured lively discussions and webinars with some of the world’s foremost thinkers. Highlights included:
- A series of thought-provoking and engaging presentations on Cambridge Zero
- Cambridge Conversations with the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Stephen J Toope and leading Cambridge experts Dr David Erdos and Dr Kirsty Hughes
- Nobel prize-winner Professor Didier Queloz on the Exoplanet revolution
- King’s Head Gardner Steven Coghill’s virtual tour of wildflower meadow at King’s College which was the most popular session of the Festival
- Katie Derham joined by special guests: Sir Mark Elder CH CBE, Sir Andrew Davis CBE, Sir John Eliot Gardiner CBE, Emma Johnson and Anna Lapwood on Carving a classical career
- Directors of Music from Collegiate Cambridge on the future of choral music in a social-distanced world