In the Lent issue of CAM, we discover what Indian democracy can teach a world in flux, reveal how Malthus is being reinvented for our times, and investigate the truth behind why humans are so susceptible to conspiracy theories.
- Democracy in India: Seventy years after independence, what can India teach the rest of the world about democracy?
- The world is run by... the CIA: In a world of alternative facts, CAM explores the conspiracy theory.
- Malthus redux: Why Malthus is being reinterpreted for the 21st century.
- Body works: Dr Michelle Oyen explains why bioengineering is where it is at.
- Saga stead: Dr Emily Lethbridge on rock, ice and saga.
Strange Career by Schadenfreude
Winner: Rachel Poulter (Jesus 1983)
Runners-up: Jake Choules (Fitzwilliam 2013), Paul Molins (Churchill 1969)