Latest issue: CAM 82
In the Michaelmas issue of CAM we investigate the mystery of gravity, catch up with the new Vice-Chancellor, Professor Stephen Toope and trace the extraordinary tale of the raising of the whale, at the Museum of Zoology.
- Hall of wonders: From whales to moas – behind the scenes at the Museum of Zoology.
- Bop on: The quintessential College entertainment, the bop has it all: music, dancing – and a sticky carpet.
- A new Vice-Chancellor: We speak to Cambridge’s new Vice-Chancellor, Professor Stephen Toope (Trinity 1983).
- Spoken word: No set. No music. Just you – and the mic. No wonder performance poetry is taking the culture world by storm.
- A force to be reckoned with: Gravity is one of the universe’s last remaining great mysteries. From the apple to black holes, CAM investigates.
Download CAM 82 (46.94 KB)
About the Cambridge Alumni Magazine (CAM)
The University's award-winning alumni magazine
Reinvigorating the art of the spirited essay, CAM brings together the best of Cambridge thought and debate. Published three times a year, it carries intelligent, in-depth features, news and events from the University and a fiendishly difficult prize crossword.
Not receiving your copy?
As an alumnus/alumna you get CAM, for free - delivered in print format wherever you are in the world. If you are not receiving your copy or would like to tell us about a change of address, please update your details.
Only want to read CAM online?
To opt out of receiving the print edition and/or be sent an email when the latest edition is available online, please let us know.
Do you have a book you would like to promote?
To find out about what we do for books by alumni, please visit our book shelf.
Join the debate
We are always delighted to receive your emails and letters.To write to the Editor, email email@example.com, or write to CAM, Cambridge Alumni Relations Office, 1 Quayside, Bridge Street, Cambridge, CB5 8AB, UK. Please clearly mark your letter or email ‘for publication' if you are writing to the Letters page.