Wonders of Jordan
Price per person sharing, not including flights. Single supplement £950.
On this fascinating journey, you will explore the many wonders of Jordan in the company of trip scholar Dr Neil Faulkner. Having undertaken more than 10 years of fieldwork in Jordan, Dr Faulkner will guide you with special insights and lectures as you travel over the Ras el Negev into the dramatic desert scenery of Wadi Rum. Together you will explore the colonnaded avenues, temples and gateways of the ruins of Jerash and uncover the history of Lawrence of Arabia with visits to key campaign sites.
- Explore Jerash, one of the best-preserved Roman provincial towns
- Uncover the history of Lawrence of Arabia in Jordan, with a 4×4 trip to Tooth Hill Camp, Tell Shahm Fort and Wadi Rum Fort
- Look for prehistoric rock engravings at Wadi Rum
- Enjoy a stay at a comfortable desert lodge and a traditional Bedouin dinner under starry skies
- Drive along the famous King’s Highway to visit the Madaba Map mosaic and fabulous crusader castle of Shobak