Wonders of Iceland
Price per person. Single supplement £520.
Iceland – where history and geology collide to bring us both the bizarre and the beautiful. On this incredible journey, you will immerse yourself in Iceland’s magnificent scenery, exploring its geothermal wonders including active geysers and hot springs, as well as luminous icebergs, glacial lakes, lava fields and waterfalls. You will be accompanied by Professor of Geophysics, Robert White (St Edmund's 1971), as you explore this majestic land.
- Explore the UNESCO site of Þingvellir, the site of Europe’s first parliament in 930, and where two tectonic plates can be seen pulling apart above sea-level
- Enjoy the luminous blue icebergs on the Jökulsárlón glacial lake
- Delight in Iceland’s powerful waterfalls, from Skogafoss and Seljandsfoss, to Svartifoss (Black Falls) where water cascades spectacularly between imposing basalt columns
- Walk the rim of the crater lake of Kerið and explore the lava fields, hot springs and glaciers of Þórsmörk nature reserve
- Visit the active Strokkur geyser and the boiling mud pots, volcanic vents and sulphur springs of Krýsuvik
- Visit Skálholt to understand Iceland’s Viking history, the Borganes Settlement Centre, the National Museum in Reykjavik, as well as the folk museum of Skógar