Chester Freshers' Event
Information for new organisers
Thank you for your interest in hosting a Freshers' Event, which is likely to be a very enjoyable and beneficial experience for your Group. The incoming students that attend these events are incredibly grateful for the warm welcome and helpful support they receive from Group members, as they start their transition to Cambridge.
As the organiser, you can rest assured that you will be supported every step of the way by the University’s Alumni Engagement team and/or Cambridge in America, depending on where your Group is based. Please contact the Alumni Engagement team at any point for help and support.
How to get started
- Read the overview of Freshers' Events, which includes highlights from last year's events
- Note the key dates, such as the deadlines for registering your event
- Observe the guidelines for Freshers' Events to ensure your event can be registered
- Find out how to organise a Freshers' Event
- Make use of our resources for organisers, such as branded event supplies and templates
- Register your event. Please note that the date you do so will determine how your event is promoted and whether you are eligible to request our help to recruit volunteers
- Find out how your event will be promoted to incoming students and how you can promote your event
- Check the guidance for collecting and submitting your attendee data, which is a requirement for all organisers