Isle of Man - Quiz Night
This event has been postponed.
Save the date to join the Isle of Man Cambridge Society for their annual quiz night, followed by a cold buffet dinner.
Further information on this event will be posted nearer to the event date.
Professor Stephen J Toope
- On 2 October 2017 Professor Stephen Toope became the 346th Vice-Chancellor of the University
- Director of the University of Toronto’s Munk School of Global Affairs (2015-2017), and before that President and Vice-Chancellor of the University of British Columbia (2006-2014)
- Among the distinctions he has received are the Queen Elizabeth II Silver Jubilee Medal (2012), the United Way of Canada President’s Award of Distinction (2014), various honorary degrees and the John Read Medal of the Canadian Council of International Law (2015). In 2015 he was inducted as an Officer of the Order of Canada – one of Canada’s highest honours
- Professor Toope’s academic interests are in international law, human rights, international legal theory and international development
- Consultant to Canada’s Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade, the Canadian International Development Agency and a number of United Nations’ agencies. Between 2004 and 2007, Chair and Rapporteur of the UN’s Working Group on Enforced and Involuntary Disappearances
- Past Director of the Public Policy Forum, of the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research and of the Royal Conservatory of Music – from which he received an Honorary Fellowship
If you would like to attend this event or you have any questions, please contact the Isle of Man Cambridge Society using the link below.