For alumni

For alumni

What gets sent out to alumni?

The alumni magazine, CAM, is produced three times a year. To get your copy by post or email, please update your details.

We also send out a monthly e-newsletter to all alumni for whom we have email addresses. If you don't already receive it and would like to, please update your details.

Your College may also send out alumni communications - get in touch with your College's development and alumni relations office to find out more.

If you'd prefer not to receive something, please see the information about updating your details.

What benefits do alumni and former postdocs receive?

Alumni and former postdocs can access a wide range of benefits and services - for details, please see our alumni benefits webpages.

How do I update my contact details?

Please log in to update your details. If you're unsure how to log in, you may fill in the update form instead. We will then update your record and notify your College.

Further information about updating your details and our online services is available below.

How do I get a copy of my of degree certificate or transcript?

Find out how to get a copy of your degree certificate, academic transcript or a letter verifying your study at the University on our 'About your degree' webpage.

How do I get a CAMCard?

For details, please see the 'Request a CAMCard' page.

Can I still use the University Library after graduation?

Yes! Find out how to register with the UL as an alumnus/a to continue visiting the library in person, borrow books, and so on. Please note that your CAMCard is different from the UL reader's card, which the UL will provide once you have registered.

Alumni may also access certain selections of journals online as well - find out more on our journals and online resources webpage.

I'm coming back to Cambridge - where can I stay?

Contact your College in the first instance to see if they have any availability (normally only out of term time) or Conference Cambridge to check availability at other Colleges.

You could also check out the various local hotels with which you can get a discount on production of your CAMCard. For other accommodation options please see the tourist information website or telephone +44 (0) 1223 457581.

I'm visiting Cambridge, can I use the University wi-fi?

There is a free service (The Cloud) for the general public available in some of the open spaces around Cambridge provided by a private company. Accounts with The Cloud are created using a self-registration method.

Other services supported by the University are available in certain circumstances via temporary visitor tickets or, for academic visitors, eduroam. Further information is available on the University Information Services webpage.

Where can I purchase alumni merchandise?

We have a range of items on the shop page of the alumni website. Some items can be purchased securely online; otherwise if you wish to place an order please call the relevant retailer directly.

There are also other licensed retailers available in Cambridge and online who can supply officially approved items that are not specifically for alumni.

How do I find out more information about an alumni travel programme trip or make a booking?

You can browse forthcoming trips on our travel webpages, or email to be sent a copy of the current edition of Unbound, our brochure.

If you would like to make a booking, please contact the relevant trip operator directly.

I've lost touch with a friend from Cambridge, can you help me get back in contact?

Please email us to make an initial enquiry, making sure you give us as much relevant information as possible - details that are most useful include:

  • Full name, including any initials and previous names (eg maiden name) while at the University
  • College(s)
  • Subject(s) and Cambridge degree(s)
  • Matriculation and/or graduation year (or an approximation thereof)

If we do have their details on our database, we won't be able to release them to you, but we may be able to pass on a message.