Alumni Events - Refunds and Cancellations
- Pre-booking is essential for all alumni events, unless otherwise indicated. Demand for places is often high and early booking is advised to avoid disappointment.
- All events are subject to change including details such as advertised dates, speakers, locations and ticket prices.
- Alumni events are run on a not-for-profit basis and any booking fees charged are to cover costs such as room hire, catering, staffing and speaker expenses.
- The Cambridge Alumni Relations Office reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrolment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.
- If the Cambridge Alumni Relations Office cancels an event, guests will be offered a full refund. However any expenses (including travel) incurred due to the cancellation of an event will not be refunded.
- Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, guests will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
- You may cancel your event booking within seven working days, beginning on the day you received your confirmation letter or email*. You will receive a full refund of the price paid for the booking.
- Refunds after seven working days will only be given if the event in question is sold out and we are able to re-sell the tickets concerned. An administration fee of £5.00 per ticket will be charged for any places that are re-sold.
- Refunds cannot be processed online.
- All refund requests must be made by the person who made the original booking or the credit card holder.
- Refunds will not be given for guests who do not turn up to an event on the day.
- Cancellations will be accepted via phone, fax or e-mail. However, refund requests must be received in writing (either fax, email or post). If your booking was made online please enclose a copy of your original receipt or confirmation email including your reference number. Please contact the Alumni Office if you wish to enquire about a refund.
- Regrettably the Cambridge Alumni Relations Office cannot refund guests on occasions when bad weather prevents or discourages travel.
These above policies apply to all Cambridge Alumni Relations Office Events unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.
The Cambridge Alumni Relations Office offers online booking for most events, however if you wish to pay by cheque please write to the Alumni Office enclosing a cheque made payable to the ‘University of Cambridge’ for the correct amount. Please remember to include your name, address, college, subject, matriculation, membership number (available on your CAMCard) and all guest details (including college, subject and matriculation if applicable).
- Refunds for the Alumni Weekend will only be given if cancellation is received by the specified date, regardless of whether the event is sold out or not. After this date no refunds will be issued.
- Please inform the Cambridge Alumni Relations Office if you are unable to attend an Alumni Weekend event, no matter how late, as demand for places can be high.