Lost and found
The Alumni Office has over 183,000 addresses on its database. If you have lost touch with someone and wish to try and make contact, we can forward messages on your behalf. We adhere strictly to the Data Protection Act and never give out personal information on individual alumni.
Simply email or call the Alumni Office (tel. +44 (0) 1223 332288) providing as much information as possible, and we will search our records. If we are successful, we will pass your details on, so make sure you include up to date contact details.
We have received a number of enquiries about alumni from the following colleges. Click on a particular college for detailsChrist's
Gonville and Caius
New Hall / Murray Edwards
- Gerard 'Ger' Wassing/Visser is looking for an old friend called Robert who was at Cambridge c.1978. He lived in Epping-Green and they met in Vlissingen (NL).
- Ahmet Zeren (Wolfson 2003) is interested in making contact with anyone from the Diploma in Economics class of 2003 - 2004 who remembers him. Please email Ahmet or contact the Alumni Office for more details.
- Does anyone have a copy of a 78 rpm record by the Cambridge University Jazz Band, known as the "Varsity Sack-droppers"[sic] and featuring Tony Short? This record is from a session in Sheffield in January 1951, when 4 tunes were recorded, two of which featured on this record. If anyone has a copy, or has any memories or information about this session, please contact Peter Batten on 01273 735252 as he is writing an article on Tony Short.
- Cambridge University United Nations Association. We have received an enquiry from Dr Kai Yuen Wong (Fitzwilliam 2002) who established the Cambridge University United Nations Association (CUUNA) in 2006 and has since discovered that CUUNA has actually been in existence in some form since the 1950s. He is interested in making contact with any members of the original Association, as he is planning an event next year. Please email him on email@example.com or check the web site at www.cuuna.org.
- Mary Hill Harris, from the University Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, is trying to trace G. A. Bateman. Please contact the Alumni Relations Office if you have any information.
- Mr Christopher Lawrence (Queensâ 1984; and tuba player in the National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain (NYO) 1983-1985) is arranging a 25-year reunion for anyone who was in the NYO in 1983, 1984 or 1985 on Saturday 3 July 2010 at Wolfson College Cambridge. Please contact Christopher Lawrence.
- An American journalist seeks any information on Stephan Neumann, BA, St. Johnâs College, class of 1939. The sole grandson of Theodor Herzl, Stephan Neumann died in 1944. If you have any memories of Neumann, please email David Zax at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone him at 00 1 202 320 8851.
- We have received an enquiry from Mr John Green-Wilkinson (Magdalene, 1939) looking to make contact with anyone who served with the Cambridge O T C Cadets, guarding Duxford Airfield with the London Scottish Regiment in June and July 1940. He remembers someone called Dill (John), son of the General, later Field Marshal. If this applies to you or someone you know, please contact CARO who will forward your message to Mr Green Wilkinson.